Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
North Country News
Fri March 21, 2014
VT Transportation Authority To Meet With Union
The Chittenden County Transportation Authority in Vermont says it will attend a mediated meeting this weekend with the bus drivers' union in hopes of ending a strike.
CCTA says it received a written proposal from the union representing about 70 bus drivers Thursday morning.
The drivers went on strike Monday after rejecting a proposed contract and a call by the company for binding arbitration.
The union says the most important issues separating the two sides are working conditions and discipline.
Union officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.