Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Tue October 29, 2013
VT Utility Warns About Phone Scam
A Vermont utility is warning customers about a phone scam.
Green Mountain Power said Tuesday that there have been several reports this week of callers claiming to be representing GMP and demanding credit card or money card information from customers to pay their account balance or face disconnection.
GMP says it follows state rules when working with customers on past due bills and would not demand credit card information or other payment mechanisms. Anyone receiving such a call, should not give out personal information, including account or credit card numbers, and should contact police.
Some of the calls have come from 802-489-0564, which has a recorded message stating that it is GMP's billing department.
Customers with questions about the source of a call are advised to call GMP at 1-888-835-4672.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.