Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Fri October 4, 2013
VT Wants to Fine 2 Firefighters Over Camper Fire
The state of Vermont says it plans to fine two members of the Bennington Rural Fire Department for their part in lighting a camper on fire.
Both were at an annual "Mudder's day" mud-bogging event in May. In the finale, a camper was set on fire while a vehicle drove through it. It was seen on YouTube, where members of the department could be seen putting out the fire.
The firefighters, 28-year-old Ryan Nystrom and 35-year-old Roger Hughes, told the Bennington Banner (http://bit.ly/1hpDBC8) they were the ones who set the fire, believing any permits necessary were in place.
They were among 15 firefighters who were temporarily suspended from the department because they didn't have the proper permits.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.