Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri August 24, 2012
VT Wind Developer Drops Restraining Order
A wind power developer in Georgia, Vt., has dropped a court order against property owners who moved within a safety zone as construction work was scheduled on a project.
Georgia Mountain Community Wind recently got the order blocking the landowners from accessing their own land that lies with the blasting zone for the project. The landowners oppose the project.
WCAX-TV reports extra crews have been brought in to expedite the blasting process, and they are able to work on the project without requiring the restraining order.
The company originally said the order was needed for safety purposes to make sure people stay outside the blasting safety zone for the four-turbine project.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.