Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Mon November 15, 2004
Wal-Mart at Native American Sacred Site in Greenfield, MA?
By Eesha Williams
Greenfield, MA – Voters in Greenfield, Massachusetts will decide tomorrow whether to change the town's zoning law on 45 acres of open space where the mayor wants a Wal-Mart or Target store, and where Native Americans say there are ancient human remains that should be left undisturbed. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams filed this report.