Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri April 18, 2003
Walk With Me in the Berkshires
By Arlen Cellana
Pittsfield, MA – A new county-wide program, Walk with me in the Berkshires, has enlisted over twelve-hundred residents in an effort to improve their physical fitness levels over the next eight weeks. Participants are motivated by having their daily steps measured by pedometer and their weekly step total published in The Berkshire Eagle. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana recently visited one of the many groups involved in the program.