Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Hudson Valley News
Mon October 21, 2013
Walkway Launches Mobile Web Tour
Now while you are strolling across the world’s largest elevated pedestrian bridge in New York, you can take a Web tour.
Officials will launch the Walkway Over the Hudson Mobile Web Tour Monday. The formal unveiling of the tour will showcase the Walkway park’s history and regional attractions and events. Walkway stretches from Poughkeepsie in Dutchess County to Highland in Ulster County. Officials say it is the first tour of its kind to be deployed in New York State Parks. In partnership with nearby Marist College, the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation, and IBM, Walkway developed the multimedia, multilingual tool, which visitors can access via their mobile devices and quick response codes on informational signs posted along the Walkway. The Mobile Web tour is launching in English and Spanish, with Mandarin to be added in 2014.