Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Thu February 21, 2013
Walter Stahr to give Founders Day keynote address at Union College
Walter Stahr, author of an acclaimed biography on one of Union College's most distinguished alumni, William Henry Seward, will deliver the keynote address at Founders Day today at 12:45 in Memorial Chapel. The event commemorates the 218th anniversary of the College’s charter.
A member of the Class of 1820, Seward is best known as Abraham Lincoln’s Secretary of State, helping to write and sign the Emancipation Proclamation. He was also governor of New York, a state and U.S. senator, and presidential candidate running against Lincoln in 1860.
Stahr recounts Seward's life in his biography, Seward: Lincoln’s Indispensable Man. Walter Stahr joins us this morning with Union College President Stephen Ainlay.
New York History
The Roundtable - Listener Essay