Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New England News
Fri May 25, 2007
WAMC Leaving 91.9 FM
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – WAMC listeners southeast of Hartford, CT who tune in 91-point-9, will have to find an alternate way to hear the station as of June First.
WAMC had a contractual agreement to rent FM frequency 91-point-9 from WMNR radio in Monroe, CT... when that contract expired, the management at WMNR assured WAMC it could continue broadcasting under the previous arrangement. But now, WMNR has decided it needs 91-9 to serve its own listeners.
According to a letter WAMC received from General Manager Kurt Anderson, WMNR will turn off the WAMC signal June First at 12 noon.
Anderson was not available for comment.
For those who will no longer be able to listen on 91-9, the station streams live at WAMC.org
Listeners are advised to pass along their concerns to WMNR management.
Capital District Bureau Chief Dave Lucas reports: