Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Thu February 7, 2013
WAMC Morning Edition Sports Update
In the NBA the Boston Celtics won their fifth straight game by beating the Toronto Raptors 99-95 last night. Kevin Garnett scored a season-high 27 points with 10 rebounds and Paul Pierce had 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Brook Lopez had 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets won at Detroit for the first time since 2006, holding off the Pistons 93-90 last night.
Elsewhere Cleveland 122, Charlotte 95. Indiana 88, Philadelphia 69. The L-A Clippers won against Orlando 86-76. Washington beat New York 106-96. Miami topped Houston 114-108. Atlanta finished ahead of Memphis 103-92. Oklahoma City 119, Golden State 98. New Orleans 93, Phoenix 84. Dallas beat Portland 105-99. Utah trumped Milwaukee 100-86 and San Antonio bested Minnesota 104-94.
And in the NHL the Boston Bruins doubled up the Montreal Canadians 2-1.
In top 25 college basketball, TCU beat 5th ranked Kansas 62-55. 7th ranked Arizona 73, Stanford 66. 11th ranked Louisville topped Rutgers 68-48. 12 ranked Michigan St. got the better of 18th ranked Minnesota 61, 50. Indiana St. defeated 16th ranked Creighton 76-57 and providence won against 17th ranked Cincinnati 54-50.