Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New England News
Mon February 19, 2007
Warming to the fact of climate change?
By Carrie Saldo
Great Barrington, MA – Each year in the United States the average person generates 15,000 pounds of carbon dioxide. That means residents in Berkshire County alone are responsible for about two billion pounds of the gases that contribute to global warming. But, as WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo reports, a plan aimed at reducing those emissions is being considered.