Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri September 3, 2004
Water Privatization Meeting Crowded with Opponents
By Kelly Wilkinson
Lee, MA – A town in Berkshire County is considering whether to privatize their water and sewer operations. While supporters say a private company will save the town money and run their systems more efficiently, opponents packed into a meeting Thursday night and spent hours asking town officials pointed questions. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson was at the meeting and has this report.