Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Wed May 22, 2013
WCC CSEA Pickets Over Lack Of Contract
VALHALLA – Some 60 members of the Westchester Community College CSEA picketed at the Valhalla-based school late Tuesday afternoon over the lack of a new contract for four years. The union represents 300 support personnel.
Unit President Carol Ann Zavarella said county government and college administration are “playing politics” with the union members and said they are frustrated.
“It has been since 2009 that we have had a cost of living increase, we’ve had any new staff, all of our college lines vacated by early retirement have been left vacant,” Zavarella said.
County and college officials could not be reached for comment Tuesday evening.