Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Mon July 1, 2013
Weather Service: Wettest 2-month Record Set in Vermont
Vermont has set a rainfall record.
The National Weather Service reports that May and June has been the wettest two-month consecutive stretch in Burlington on record, with a total of 18.6 inches of rain.
The weather service says 8.74 inches fell in May, and 9.86 inches fell in June. May's statistic lists the month as the wettest May on record.
The last two-month stretch with the most rain was in 1998, when a combined 17.97 inches fell in July and August. It rained a total of 16.55 inches for April and May of 2011.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.