Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
North Country News
Mon July 1, 2013
Weather Service: Wettest 2-month Record Set in Vermont
Vermont has set a rainfall record.
The National Weather Service reports that May and June has been the wettest two-month consecutive stretch in Burlington on record, with a total of 18.6 inches of rain.
The weather service says 8.74 inches fell in May, and 9.86 inches fell in June. May's statistic lists the month as the wettest May on record.
The last two-month stretch with the most rain was in 1998, when a combined 17.97 inches fell in July and August. It rained a total of 16.55 inches for April and May of 2011.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.