Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Mon January 7, 2013
Welch Announces Energy Efficiency Priorities
Congressman Peter Welch says providing rebates to homeowners who retrofit their homes is one of the energy efficiency priorities he will pursue in Congress as a member of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
Welch said at a news conference in Rutland on Monday he will introduce legislation to provide a rebate of up to $8,000 to homeowners. The rebates will be scaled to provide greater savings for those who save more energy.
Welch said he is also working to advance legislation to increase a tax deduction that encourages commercial building owners to reduce energy consumption.
The Democratic congressman says he recently started a bipartisan caucus to build support in Congress for energy efficiency.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
New England News