Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu August 21, 2003
West Nile Virus Arrives in Berkshire County
By Kelly Wilkinson
The Berkshires, MA – On the heels of the announcement this week that the first Massachusetts man was infected with the West Nile Virus, two birds tested positive for the virus in the northern Berkshires. Local officials say the discovery marks a clear arrival of the disease in the Berkshires. Kelly Wilkinson has the story.