Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
New England News
Mon September 9, 2013
West Springfield Hard Rock Casino Referendum Is Tuesday
: Voters in West Springfield, Massachusetts will decide Tuesday whether to allow a Hard Rock casino on the Big E fairgrounds.
Hard Rock officials say a series of public forums has helped swayed public opinion in favor of the $800 million casino development. Therese Tease said she was against the casino at first ,but now will vote yes
Nathan Bech leads a group opposed to the casino. They’ve staged rallies and also done some door-to-door campaigning
If voters give the thumbs up, Hard Rock will compete will MGM in Springfield and Mohegan Sun in Palmer for the lone casino license available in western Massachusetts.