Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu May 27, 2004
Westchester Pays to Look Into Indian Point Closure
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – The home county of the Indian Point nuclear power plants has hired a Boston consulting firm. Westchester County Executive Andrew Spano says the aim is to determine if and how the plants could be closed and replaced with an alternative energy source. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.