Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Hudson Valley News
Thu May 30, 2013
Westchester Police To Keep Eye On Parks
WHITE PLAINS – In light of acts of violence in public places in recent months, the Westchester County Department of Public Safety will be keeping a close watch on the county’s parks this summer.
Public Safety Commissioner George Longworth told county lawmakers the department will keep a close watch on those recreational facilities.
“We study each incident that occurs including the Boston Marathon event and we analyze intelligence information as it comes in and we make adjustments accordingly,” he said.
Longworth made it clear that no park will suffer in terms of security if it is beefed up at other facilities.