Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Hudson Valley News
Thu May 30, 2013
Westchester Police To Keep Eye On Parks
WHITE PLAINS – In light of acts of violence in public places in recent months, the Westchester County Department of Public Safety will be keeping a close watch on the county’s parks this summer.
Public Safety Commissioner George Longworth told county lawmakers the department will keep a close watch on those recreational facilities.
“We study each incident that occurs including the Boston Marathon event and we analyze intelligence information as it comes in and we make adjustments accordingly,” he said.
Longworth made it clear that no park will suffer in terms of security if it is beefed up at other facilities.