Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Hudson Valley News
Thu May 30, 2013
Westchester Police To Keep Eye On Parks
WHITE PLAINS – In light of acts of violence in public places in recent months, the Westchester County Department of Public Safety will be keeping a close watch on the county’s parks this summer.
Public Safety Commissioner George Longworth told county lawmakers the department will keep a close watch on those recreational facilities.
“We study each incident that occurs including the Boston Marathon event and we analyze intelligence information as it comes in and we make adjustments accordingly,” he said.
Longworth made it clear that no park will suffer in terms of security if it is beefed up at other facilities.