Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu April 29, 2004
Western MA Highest Statewide Asthma, Diabetes Rates
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – A survey out this week by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health examined health factors in different regions of the state. Western Massachusetts has the highest rates of diabetes and asthma, and residents are the second most overweight. Our Berkshire's Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has this report.