Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Thu May 31, 2012
Western MA Receives More Funds for Tornado-Damaged Communities
More emergency funding is being sent to western Massachusetts communities hit by the tornadoes a year ago this week. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports…
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation says $3.9 million dollars in federal funding is available for eight communities.
Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor Timothy Murray , who announced the money Wednesday in Springfield, said it is to reimburse the cost of repairs that were made to streets and sidewalks…
“Roadways and sidewalks – that’s critical to the rebuilding effort of rebuilding neighborhoods and making them even stronger than before.”
The city of Springfield is receiving $1.3 million. Other towns due various amounts include Monson, Wilbraham, West Springfield, and Brimfield.
Paul Tuthill, WAMC News.