Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Thu May 31, 2012
Western MA Receives More Funds for Tornado-Damaged Communities
More emergency funding is being sent to western Massachusetts communities hit by the tornadoes a year ago this week. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports…
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation says $3.9 million dollars in federal funding is available for eight communities.
Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor Timothy Murray , who announced the money Wednesday in Springfield, said it is to reimburse the cost of repairs that were made to streets and sidewalks…
“Roadways and sidewalks – that’s critical to the rebuilding effort of rebuilding neighborhoods and making them even stronger than before.”
The city of Springfield is receiving $1.3 million. Other towns due various amounts include Monson, Wilbraham, West Springfield, and Brimfield.
Paul Tuthill, WAMC News.