Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon May 31, 2004
Western Mass. Senior Groups Skeptical of Drug Cards
By Kelly Wilkinson
Pittsfield, MA – Tomorrow is the first day that senior citizens can use new Medicare discount cards to buy prescription drugs. But before they can be used, seniors first have to choose their plan. There are dozens of cards to chose from, which has raised complaints that the process is overwhelming and confusing. And in Massachusetts, there are worries that Medicare reform could affect the state-run drug plan for seniors, which advocacy groups say is a far superior plan. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson has this report.