Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New York News
Thu December 15, 2005
Western Massachusetts fights driving drunk
By Jessica Bloustein
Undated – Massachusetts has historically seen a higher average of traffic fatalities involving alcohol than much of the nation. The fight against that trend has gained new momentum this holiday season-especially in Western Massachusetts, where law enforcement and a number of community organizations are combining forces to get the message out that driving under the influence of alcohol has serious consequences.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.