Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Thu December 15, 2005
Western Massachusetts fights driving drunk
By Jessica Bloustein
Undated – Massachusetts has historically seen a higher average of traffic fatalities involving alcohol than much of the nation. The fight against that trend has gained new momentum this holiday season-especially in Western Massachusetts, where law enforcement and a number of community organizations are combining forces to get the message out that driving under the influence of alcohol has serious consequences.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.