Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New England News
Tue January 29, 2013
Western New England University Receives $1 Million Gift
A $1 million gift to Western New England University in Springfield will establish and equip a unique interactive classroom for business students.
The donation from the estate of a couple who built a business from the ground up will create a financial trading room where students can buy and sell securities and commodities using the same real time information available to Wall Street traders. Attorney Jeffrey Sagalyn, a longtime friend of the late Frances and Norman Cohen said the couple credited what they learned at the University for their business success
The Cohen gift is also funding scholarships and a $100,000 student managed investment pool.