Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New York News
Tue March 7, 2006
Wetlands Legislation Proposed
By Deborah Runcie
Beekman, NY – Lawmakers in Albany are considering a proposal for statewide regulation of wetland areas as small as one acre. In Dutchess County, concerns about drinking water and the destruction of wildlife have officials in one town pushing for more stringent wetland laws.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.