Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue March 7, 2006
Wetlands Legislation Proposed
By Deborah Runcie
Beekman, NY – Lawmakers in Albany are considering a proposal for statewide regulation of wetland areas as small as one acre. In Dutchess County, concerns about drinking water and the destruction of wildlife have officials in one town pushing for more stringent wetland laws.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.