Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue March 7, 2006
Wetlands Legislation Proposed
By Deborah Runcie
Beekman, NY – Lawmakers in Albany are considering a proposal for statewide regulation of wetland areas as small as one acre. In Dutchess County, concerns about drinking water and the destruction of wildlife have officials in one town pushing for more stringent wetland laws.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.