Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Tue March 7, 2006
Wetlands Legislation Proposed
By Deborah Runcie
Beekman, NY – Lawmakers in Albany are considering a proposal for statewide regulation of wetland areas as small as one acre. In Dutchess County, concerns about drinking water and the destruction of wildlife have officials in one town pushing for more stringent wetland laws.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.