Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Tue April 3, 2007
What to do with woodlands
By Carrie Saldo
Dalton, MA – There are 3.2 million acres of privately owned forest land in Massachusetts. By comparison, the state owns 285,000 acres of forest land and parks, according to the state department of Conservation and Recreation.
Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, has this report on some of the options land owners have for managing their woodlands;
Additional information is available at www.masswoods.net