Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Tue April 3, 2007
What to do with woodlands
By Carrie Saldo
Dalton, MA – There are 3.2 million acres of privately owned forest land in Massachusetts. By comparison, the state owns 285,000 acres of forest land and parks, according to the state department of Conservation and Recreation.
Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, has this report on some of the options land owners have for managing their woodlands;
Additional information is available at www.masswoods.net