Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Wed May 22, 2013
"What's Going On at UAardvark?" by Lawrence Wittner
Lawrence Wittner, Professor of History emeritus at the State University of New York @ Albany, is an award-winning writer and political activist who taught for 43 years on college and university campuses, in the United States and abroad. His latest book is the novel, What's Going On at UAardvark?
It is an irreverent tale of how an increasingly corporatized, modern American university becomes the site of a rambunctious rebellion that turns the nation's campus life upside down.
Along the way, there are encounters with a playboy university president, bizarre U.S. military commanders, poetry-writing Hells Angels, foul-mouthed, decadent students, gun-toting "Christian Patriots," a schizophrenic FBI director, hypocritical politicians, a witch-like union leader, and a host of other zany characters.
Wittner says it is funny, but takes on a serious issue in contemporary America: the corporate takeover of higher education.
Commentary & Opinion