Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Wed May 22, 2013
"What's Going On at UAardvark?" by Lawrence Wittner
Lawrence Wittner, Professor of History emeritus at the State University of New York @ Albany, is an award-winning writer and political activist who taught for 43 years on college and university campuses, in the United States and abroad. His latest book is the novel, What's Going On at UAardvark?
It is an irreverent tale of how an increasingly corporatized, modern American university becomes the site of a rambunctious rebellion that turns the nation's campus life upside down.
Along the way, there are encounters with a playboy university president, bizarre U.S. military commanders, poetry-writing Hells Angels, foul-mouthed, decadent students, gun-toting "Christian Patriots," a schizophrenic FBI director, hypocritical politicians, a witch-like union leader, and a host of other zany characters.
Wittner says it is funny, but takes on a serious issue in contemporary America: the corporate takeover of higher education.
Commentary & Opinion