Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Can I Just Tell You?
Wed August 8, 2012
What's Hair Got To Do With It?
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas became the first African-American to win gold in the women's all-around event. But following her big moment, the twitter-verse lit up about her hair. Host Michel Martin asks how far has the country really come, when people's choices — about everything from hair to politics — are judged by superficial standards.