Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon November 21, 2005
White Power Rally Held in Kingston
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – On Friday white and black students at the Kingston High School in Ulster County, New York, stood together in opposition to Hal Turner's rally scheduled for Saturday. Turner is a radio show host from New Jersey who is known nationally for disparaging remarks he has made about Jewish people and African-Americans.
Turner decided to hold a rally after he was contacted by a mother who told him how her son's eye-socket and cheekbone were broken by a black classmate.
As promised, Turner held a white power demonstration outside of the Kingston High School which started at noon on Saturday.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.