Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New York News
Mon November 21, 2005
White Power Rally Held in Kingston
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – On Friday white and black students at the Kingston High School in Ulster County, New York, stood together in opposition to Hal Turner's rally scheduled for Saturday. Turner is a radio show host from New Jersey who is known nationally for disparaging remarks he has made about Jewish people and African-Americans.
Turner decided to hold a rally after he was contacted by a mother who told him how her son's eye-socket and cheekbone were broken by a black classmate.
As promised, Turner held a white power demonstration outside of the Kingston High School which started at noon on Saturday.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.