Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Can I Just Tell You?
Wed November 28, 2012
Why 'Black Thursday' Isn't Bad For Everyone
Originally published on Wed November 28, 2012 1:42 pm
Many Americans have decried the frenzy of holiday shopping that began as early as Thanksgiving Day. But in her weekly "Can I Just Tell You" essay, host Michel Martin asks what crosses the ethical line on holiday consumerism, and who gets to decide.