Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New England News
Fri September 29, 2006
Wilderness Act Compromise Reached To Chagrin of Both Proponents and Opponents
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Governor James Douglas and Vermont's Congressional delegation have reached a compromise on a revised plan to designate more acres of the Green Mountain National Forest as wilderness. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.