Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Fri September 29, 2006
Wilderness Act Compromise Reached To Chagrin of Both Proponents and Opponents
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Governor James Douglas and Vermont's Congressional delegation have reached a compromise on a revised plan to designate more acres of the Green Mountain National Forest as wilderness. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.