Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
Fri December 28, 2012
Will Hermes - Best Music of 2012
Will Hermes is a Senior Critic for Rolling Stone and a contributor to NPR's All Things Considered. He joins us at the switch of each season with a list of new music he's digging - and at the end of each year to let us know what was best in music from the last 12 months. Will is also the author of Love Goes to Buildings on Fire.
List after the break.
Best Music of 2012:
Band - Album - "Song"
Japandroids - Celebration Rock - "The Nights of Wine and Roses" and "Fire's Highway"
Tame Impala - Lonerism - "Feels Like We Only Go Backwards" and "Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control"
alt J - An Awesome Wave - "Fitzpleasure"
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange - "Thinkin Bout You" and "Bad Religion"
Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream - "Adorn"
Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - "Swimming Pools (Drank)"
Sharon Van Etten - Tramp - "Serpents"
First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar - "Emmylou"
Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss- "Call Me Maybe"
Arts & Culture
The Roundtable - Spring Music with Will Hermes