Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Thu June 25, 2009
Wind Turbine Forum in Pittsfield
By Charlie Deitz
Pittsfield, MA – Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has put forth an initiative to generate 2000 megawatts of wind power by the year 2020. Most of the on-shore turbine sites are located in the Berkshires. State officials hosted a forum at Berkshire Community College Wednesday to hear from residents about how to move forward.