Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Thu June 25, 2009
Wind Turbine Forum in Pittsfield
By Charlie Deitz
Pittsfield, MA – Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has put forth an initiative to generate 2000 megawatts of wind power by the year 2020. Most of the on-shore turbine sites are located in the Berkshires. State officials hosted a forum at Berkshire Community College Wednesday to hear from residents about how to move forward.