Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
Capital Region News
Thu March 20, 2014
Winter Roughs Up Local Housing Market
Officials in the Capital Region blame the sputtering housing market on the polar vortex and unusually cold winter.
New single-family housing listings dropped 9 per cent from one year ago – pending sales fell 7 per cent and completed sales slid 16 per cent – the Times Union obtained data from the Greater Capital Region Association of Realtors, covering an 11-county area that includes the five-county Capital Region. Realtors told the newspaper they remain optimistic, even though February’s declines canceled out January’s gains. Prices of homes remained stable, hovering between 204 and 222 thousand dollars.
New England News
Hudson Valley News