Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Sat December 14, 2013
Winter Storm Headed For Northeast
Another shot of wintry weather is heading for the Northeast, with a foot or more of snow possible in New England.
The snow and ice storm is expected to slow weekend travel by air, rail and highway and has utilities and airports on alert.
The National Weather Service says 6 to 12 inches of snow are expected from Saturday to Sunday in New England. Up to 14 inches are possible along the Maine coast but as little as 2 inches on Cape Cod. Areas north and west of New York City and interior Pennsylvania also could get 8 inches or more.
Sleet and freezing rain are also forecast as the storm is expected to moves from southwest to northeast.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.