Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Fri March 30, 2012
Woman in VT Teacher's Death is Little-Known
Vermont townspeople say they don't know much about a woman who married an area resident and is now charged in a teacher's bizarre killing. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Patricia Prue and husband Allen are accused of luring Melissa Jenkins with a ruse about a broken-down car, killing her and throwing her body in a river.
Waterford Town Clerk Joanne Jurentkuff says Allen Prue's family has had hard times but they weren't "bad news."
Patricia Prue married Allen last year.
Her ex-husband Jeffrey Witkoff lives in Littleton, Colo. He says she recently requested a restraining order on him even though they hadn't talked in a couple of years.
Patricia Prue's lawyer says he hasn't met with her yet.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.