Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
North Country News
Fri March 30, 2012
Woman in VT Teacher's Death is Little-Known
Vermont townspeople say they don't know much about a woman who married an area resident and is now charged in a teacher's bizarre killing. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Patricia Prue and husband Allen are accused of luring Melissa Jenkins with a ruse about a broken-down car, killing her and throwing her body in a river.
Waterford Town Clerk Joanne Jurentkuff says Allen Prue's family has had hard times but they weren't "bad news."
Patricia Prue married Allen last year.
Her ex-husband Jeffrey Witkoff lives in Littleton, Colo. He says she recently requested a restraining order on him even though they hadn't talked in a couple of years.
Patricia Prue's lawyer says he hasn't met with her yet.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.