Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Arts & Culture
Wed August 21, 2013
Women In The Civil War: Professor Amy Murrell Taylor
Tomorrow night at 7 p.m., University of Kentucky history professor Amy Murrell Taylor will lecture on the role of New York women in the civil war. The lecture is at the New York State Museum’s Huxley Theatre and is free to the public. Professor Taylor is a former University at Albany history professor. She says her talk will focus on the domestic struggles of the Civil War.