Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Wed July 18, 2012
"Woody Sez: the life and music of Woody Guthrie" at Adirondack Theatre Festival
Adirondack Theatre Festival concludes its 18th summer season with a celebration of the Woody Guthrie Centennial: Woody Sez, a musical tapestry of the American folk hero’s life and songs. The show will be onstage at the Charles R. Wood Theater from July 19–21 and July 25–28.
Woody Sez brings Guthrie to life in a joyous, toe‐tapping, and moving theatrical portrait that uses Woody's words and songs, performed by the company of four actor/singers who play over twenty instruments, transporting the audience through Guthrie’s fascinating, beautiful, and sometimes tragic life. With more than twenty‐five classic Woody tunes including “This Land is Your Land”, “Pastures of Plenty” and “Bound for Glory”, Woody Sez captures the heart and spirit of Woody Guthrie and the stories of America.
Here now to tell us more about it are David Lutken, Helen Russell, and Mark Fleischer.
David Lutken created the show and plays Woody, Helen Russell is a cast member, and Mark Fleischer is the Producing Artistic Director of the Adirondack Theatre Festival.
Arts & Culture