Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Thu September 26, 2013
Work With Child Abuse Victims Brings Center National Recognition
A partnership between physicians and police in western Massachusetts to help child abuse victims has earned national accreditation.
The Family Advocacy Center of Baystate Children’s Hospital in Springfield is part of a national network of 775 child trauma centers accredited by the National Children’s Alliance. Dr. Stephen Boos, the co-medical director said the center helps children impacted by physical and sexual abuse, and exposed to violence at home, in school and on the streets.
The center works with the Special Victim’s Unit of the Hampden District Attorney’s office and 15 police departments in the greater Springfield area. It recently received a $1.6 million federal grant.