Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Tue January 11, 2005
Work Readiness Credential Considered for NY Schools
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Several states, including New York, are developing a national "work readiness credential" to supplement existing high school diplomas. But some educators fear it could be a disincentive for students seeking a high school diploma.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.