Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
WAMC New York News
Tue January 11, 2005
Work Readiness Credential Considered for NY Schools
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Several states, including New York, are developing a national "work readiness credential" to supplement existing high school diplomas. But some educators fear it could be a disincentive for students seeking a high school diploma.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.