Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
North Country News
Mon April 22, 2013
Work Underway on Heating System in Vermont Capital
Work is underway in Montpelier on a wood-fired municipal heating system that will serve Vermont state offices and some downtown businesses.
The heating system is part of a $20 million project that will be run jointly by the city and state.
Montpelier City Manager William Fraser says the first part of the project involves disconnecting an old water line and laying the new heat lines.
The city is responsible for the upgrades to the heating distribution system. The state is working on a related project to upgrade the heating plant.
Vermont Public Radio reports the project will serve commercial and public buildings, not private residences.
The city's portion of the project is scheduled to be completed by September, with a goal to provide heat by Oct. 1.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.