Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Mon April 22, 2013
Work Underway on Heating System in Vermont Capital
Work is underway in Montpelier on a wood-fired municipal heating system that will serve Vermont state offices and some downtown businesses.
The heating system is part of a $20 million project that will be run jointly by the city and state.
Montpelier City Manager William Fraser says the first part of the project involves disconnecting an old water line and laying the new heat lines.
The city is responsible for the upgrades to the heating distribution system. The state is working on a related project to upgrade the heating plant.
Vermont Public Radio reports the project will serve commercial and public buildings, not private residences.
The city's portion of the project is scheduled to be completed by September, with a goal to provide heat by Oct. 1.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.