Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed July 18, 2012
Work on Vermont Bennington Bypass Delayed
The opening of the northern section of the Bennington Bypass has been delayed a month after the lead contractor assisted with recovery efforts from Tropical Storm Irene.
The Bennington Banner reports contractor J.A. McDonald recently sought an extension because of its efforts to help clear rivers and repair roads following the storm last August.
The northern section of Route 279 is the second of the three-part road system that would allow traffic to bypass downtown Bennington. The first part opened in 2004.
A date for its opening hasn't been announced.
Copyright 2012 the Associated Press.