Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Wed July 18, 2012
Work on Vermont Bennington Bypass Delayed
The opening of the northern section of the Bennington Bypass has been delayed a month after the lead contractor assisted with recovery efforts from Tropical Storm Irene.
The Bennington Banner reports contractor J.A. McDonald recently sought an extension because of its efforts to help clear rivers and repair roads following the storm last August.
The northern section of Route 279 is the second of the three-part road system that would allow traffic to bypass downtown Bennington. The first part opened in 2004.
A date for its opening hasn't been announced.
Copyright 2012 the Associated Press.