Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri December 3, 2004
Worried About Sprawl, Williamstown Rejects Water Extension
By Kelly Wilkinson
Williamstown, MA – Voters in Williamstown, Massachusetts weighed in on a controversial water issue at special town meeting last night. The question was whether to extend the town's water line into an undeveloped part of town. Several local nonprofits would have picked up the tab, but as WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports, there were concerns about whether expanding public water would have changed the area's character.