Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Hudson Valley News
Tue July 24, 2012
Wurtsboro Music Festival Set for August
Wurtsboro Airport will play host to the Wurtsboro Music Festival on two Thursday evenings in August.
Top name pop music entertainment from the 70s will be performing on the lawn at the airfield providing a new music venue for the region, said music festival spokesman William Liblick.
“Everyone often complains that there’s nothing to do in Sullivan County and what we’re trying to do is to make it very affordable and give people a good night of entertainment,” Liblick said.
On August 16, Air Supply and Jay Black from Jay and the Americans, will perform and on August 30, KC and The Sunshine Band, Taylor Dayne and Martha Wash of the Weather Girls, will perform at what Liblick said would be the biggest dance party of the summer.
An estimated 5,000 people or more are expected for both concerts. Tickets run from $37.50 to $75.50, the latter including a VIP meet and greet with the stars.