Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
Fri July 18, 2014
Yiddish Book Center - Eric Carle Museum Of Picture Book Art
The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art is a busy place today as they are holding a Free Fun Friday till 4 pm, sponsored by the Highland Street Foundation. Free admission to the Museum includes films, storytimes, and activities.
The Carle’s current exhibitions, Harriet the Spy Turns Fifty, Simms Taback: Art by Design and The Art of Eric Carle & Friends: What's Your Favorite Animal? are all part of today’s event.
Eric and Barbara Carle founded the Museum in November 2002. Eric Carle is the renowned author and illustrator of more than 70 books, including the 1969 classic The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
The mission of the museum is to inspire a love of art and reading through picture books. The only full-scale museum of its kind in the United States, The Carle collects, preserves, presents, and celebrates picture books and picture book illustrations from around the world.
Rebecca Miller Goggins, the museum’s Director of Development joins us this morning with artists/authors David Hyde Costello and Jeff Mack – who both have events at the museum this weekend.