Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
Fri July 18, 2014
Yiddish Book Center - Tracy Kidder
Over his extensive career, Tracy Kidder has written some enormously popular books including his Pulitzer Prize and National Book of the Year award winning The Soul of a New Machine. Other bestsellers include Among Schoolchildren, Old Friends, and My Detachment. He has also written extensively about this region in his classic books: House and Home Town.
Possibly his most influential book, Mountains Beyond Mountains, highlights two global health crises, tuberculosis and AIDS, and follows Dr. Paul Farmer’s inspiring efforts to establish hospitals to treat and prevent the spread of both epidemics
Tracy Kidder graduated from Harvard and studied at the University of Iowa. He has won the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Robert F. Kennedy Award, and many other literary prizes. His latest book, Good Prose, is now out in paperback. It is an honor to call him a friend.
Arts & Culture