Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
Mon February 13, 2012
You Too Can Stash Cash In An Offshore Account
Originally published on Mon February 13, 2012 8:00 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
Presidential candidate Mitt Romney made news when he disclosed he had a Swiss bank account. Many affluent Americans do. Now, an AP writer has assembled a step-by-step guide on how you too can stash a million dollars offshore. Step four is choose a country. Switzerland isn't your only choice. Hong Kong is popular too. Step two is decide whether to tell the IRS. But the toughest part is still step one - get a million dollars.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.