Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Herbert London: Anti-Zionism At Northeastern
The Academic Minute
The Academic Minute features researchers from colleges and universities around the world, keeping listeners abreast of what's new and exciting in the academy. Hosted by Dr. Lynn Pasquerella, President of Mount Holyoke College, The Academic Minute features a different professor each day, drawing experts from top research institutions. You'll enjoy topics ranging from updates on groundbreaking scientific research to an explanation of the accidental discovery of chocolate and an analysis of how social media is transforming the workplace.
The Academic Minute airs each weekday at 7:34 a.m and 3:56 p.m. You can also stay connected by following us on Twitter and liking us on Facebook. Make The Academic Minute your 'aha!' moment of the day.
If you have a pitch, or any questions or comments about the segment, please e-mail us.
The Theme: The Academic Minute opens with a selection by WAMC contributor and renowned cellist Yehuda Hanani, who appears on Classical Music According to Yehuda during WAMC's Roundtable program. The piece is Bach's Suite No. 2 in D Minor.