Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Amber Alert Canceled After Body Of Missing 5-Year-Old Found
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- NY Fracking Ban Decision Elicits Different Reactions
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
The Book Show
Each week on The Book Show, host Joe Donahue interviews authors about their books, their lives and their craft. It is a celebration of both reading and writers.
As the son of a librarian, Joe has been part of the book world since childhood. His first job was as a library assistant, during college he was a clerk at an independent book store and for the past 25 years he has been interviewing authors about their books on the radio.
He is also the host of The Roundtable on WAMC/Northeast Public Radio, a 3-hour general interest talk show. Notable authors he has interviewed include: Kurt Vonnegut, John Irving, John Updike, Alice Walker, Toni Morrison, Arthur Miller, Stephen King, Amy Tan, Anne Rice, Philip Roth, E.L Doctorow, Richard Russo, David Sedaris and Maya Angelou.
Joe has won several awards for his interviews, including honors from the Associated Press, the Edward R. Murrow Awards, the New York State Association of Broadcasters, The Headliners, The National Press Club and the Scripps-Howard Foundation.
E-mail The Book Show.