Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Jazz After Hours
Jazz After Hours is a late night jazz radio show hosted by Jim Wilke, heard Friday and Saturday nights across the U.S. and parts of Canada since 1984. Like the last set at a jazz club, the mood is mellow but not without surprises. New and well-established jazz artists drop in for a chat, and the music ranges from latest releases to jazz classics. There's news of tours, festivals and clubs - the best places to hear live jazz.
Jim's easy-going presentation has won the praise of jazz stars Dizzy Gillespie, Ray Brown, Max Roach, Joe Henderson, Milt Jackson, Joshua Redman, Billy Taylor, Maria Schneider, Phil Woods and many others who have been guests Jazz After Hours.
Jim has been nominated often for the Willis Conover/Marian McPartland Award for Jazz Broadcasting by the Jazz Journalists Association. Jazz After Hours has also frequently been named one of the top national jazz radio programs by the JazzTimes Readers Poll, and the Jazz Times Critics Poll voted Jazz After Hours one of the nation's best syndicated jazz radio programs.